1) You cannot beat that ‘grab quick’ feeling of having everything you need at your fingertips. Right here. Right now.
2) Keeping everything in it’s proper place is a bore to maintain, especially when you’re crafting. Organisation is good, but not to the point where you can’t find anything!
3) A piece of fabric floating in a particular way or a selection of scattered buttons might just give you that idea you’ve been waiting for. Go with it.
4) Art is messy. Wether it’s pieces of tissue paper collaged onto the cardboard base of a bird, a smudged charcol and ink drawing dripping over white cartridge paper or the carefully created paint strokes of an oil painting. Each has layers of lusciousness.
5) Quite often a happy accident will occur! Oops that piece of fabric has fallen ‘wrong’…hang on, I think I like it better that way! A happy accident is sometimes the start of beautiful things.
6) Be inspired by your surroundings. Clip up that magazine cutting, paste onto the wall that cool business card you just received through the post, pin up those rough sketches you did. It’s the key to your creative soul on your walls.
7) Make time for your craft. If that means the washing up has to wait another 10 mins, so be it. Lets face it, it probably wont grow legs and walk away (unless we hope hard enough :P)
8) Try that new thing. Having things around you might spark the impulse to try something crazy. Why shouldn’t you glue that delicate flower onto that rough metal triangular base? Mix it up baby.
9) Keep scrapbooks or pinboards. See all of those inspirations mixed up and overlapped on those pages. Don’t be afraid to mess them up! It’s all part of creating that end result.
10) If it’s on your desk it can be around your wrist or pinned onto your jacket lapel in seconds. Try things out, wear them yourself, hang them from your own ceiling. A creative, workspace can only inspire you. Wear those initial ideas around the house, you might just get past that moment of not knowing how to move on to the next step. Be proud, your craft is fabulous!